Automatic External Defibrillators Refresher
Automatic External Defibrillators (AED's) are becoming more common throughout workplaces not just with the emergency services. In an emergency, a first aider can supply basic life support to a casualty but with the addition of correct use of an AED, the chances of survival for the casualty are significantly increased. This training will ensure that your staff have the knowledge and confidence to use an AED in an emergency.
The course combines tutorials & demonstrations with student centred methods such as group work, case studies and question & answer sessions. It will also provide extensive practice with a training Defibrillator and mannequin.
Book course now or make an enquiry
This course is designed to give the necessary basic life support skills including Resuscitation techniques to your students and to give a working knowledge of, and hands-on skills with, the AED.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
¨ Demonstrate resuscitation of an adult in cardiac arrest.
¨ Demonstrate the sequence of actions and skills required to use an AED during the simulated resuscitation of an adult victim who has suffered a cardiac arrest.
Introduction, registration welcome & domestics
Basic Life Support (Assessment of a casualty,Recovery position, Artificial Ventilation and CPR techniques)
Anatomy of the human Heart
Circulatory system, Heart rhythms (normal & abnormal.)
The chain of survival
The role of the AED in Basic life support
What is it? What does it do?
The controls and procedure of use
How to connect to a casualty (demonstration and practice)
Use to defibrillate a casualty (demonstration and practice)
Safety & maintenance
Â£295 for up to 12 students on your site
This course is for:
Any individuals who have access and are expected to use an Automatic External Defibrillator either at work or recreation. If you have, or are considering, making an AED available to your staff or customers, this is an essential course.
A Certificate of Competence will be awarded upon successful completion of the course. This will be valid for three years.
Download:Download printable course details PDF (~150Kb)
- All courses comply with the HSE's recommendation of 12 students per course.
- First Aid at Work courses (4&2) also include a full colour manual per student.
- All courses can accommodate larger numbers of students if required. Please contact us for details
- Our courses all use student centred methods such as skill demonstrations & practice, groupwork, question & answer sessions & case studies. We augment the above strategies with tutorials & demonstrations to give a well balanced interactive learning experience for all students.
- Formative Assessment will be ongoing throughout the course by the trainer. On our FAW courses there is a final assessment on the last day conducted by independent assessors.