First Aid for Schools + AED (FAIB Approved)
|Accidents happen all too frequently in class and playground situations and teachers, assistants and other school staff are frequently first on the scene. The presence of trained staff can ensure that Emergency First Aid is given to the casualty swiftly. This can prevent emergency situations becoming major issues whilst giving the best possible care to the casualty. This course includes the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification and is HSE recognised.|
Book course now or make an enquiry
|To provide school staff with the knowledge & skills to summon help & give safe, prompt & effective emergency first aid to a casualty (both staff & students) in a school environment following an injury or illness using materials to hand, an AED and/or HSE approved first aid equipment.|
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- State the role of the Emergency First Aider in a school environment
- Carry out a primary survey of a casualty (Adult & Children)
- To place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position
- Carry out effective rescue breathing to current Resuscitation Council guidelines (Adult & Children)
- Use of an AED
- Carry out effective CPR to current Resuscitation Council guidelines (Adult & Children)
- Recognise and deal with Minor & major cases of bleeding (nosebleeds, grazes and head injuries)
- To recognise and treat a patient suffering from medical shock
- Assess and treat a casualty with a broken bone
- Recognise & treat diabetic emergencies, seizures & asthma attacks.
- Open session to include topics relevant to your school
Identification of learning needs.
The role of the Emergency First Aider in a school environment
Emergency First Aid (what is it?)
Primary Survey of a casualty
Rescue Breathing (Adult & Children)
CPR (Adult & Children) +AED
Examination of an unconscious casualty
Choking (Adult & Children)
Recognition & Treatment of Minor (nosebleeds, grazes) and Major bleeding
Recognition & Treatment of Medical Shock
Assessment and treatment of broken bones
Duties of an Emergency First Aider
Contents & use of a workplace First Aid kit
Open plenary session
to include subjects identified by students to include diabetic emergencies, seizures & asthma attacks
from Â£495 for up to 12 students on your site
This course is for:
Any school staff who have been identified to become Emergency First Aiders or whole groups of teachers to render emergency aid to both staff and students. This course is ideal for staff training days.
A 3 year Certificate of Competence (FAIB approved) will be awarded on successful completion of the course and assessment.
Download:Download printable course details PDF (~150Kb)
"The presentation instruction was clear and well led. I will be recommending the session to other heads in..... " -Headteacher of a junior school
- All courses comply with the HSE's recommendation of 12 students per course.
- First Aid at Work courses (4&2) also include a full colour manual per student.
- All courses can accommodate larger numbers of students if required. Please contact us for details
- Our courses all use student centred methods such as skill demonstrations & practice, groupwork, question & answer sessions & case studies. We augment the above strategies with tutorials & demonstrations to give a well balanced interactive learning experience for all students.
- Formative Assessment will be ongoing throughout the course by the trainer. On our FAW courses there is a final assessment on the last day conducted by independent assessors.