First Aid at Work Requalifier +AED - (FAIB Approved)
First Aid skills deteriorate with time. The HSE therefore require all First Aiders in the workplace to refresh their skills and knowledge every 3 years. Experienced First Aiders are an asset to any workplace and refresher training will ensure that they will continue to be able to use provided First Aid equipment & an AED with confidence.
Book course now or make an enquiry
|To requalify and update existing First Aiders to HSE standards so that they can continue to render First Aid in the Workplace. The course will enable students to get help & give safe, prompt & effective First Aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness using materials to hand, HSE approved first aid equipment.& an AED.|
On successful completion of the syllabus, each student will be able to demonstrate that they are able to:
- act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- use first aid equipment, including the contents of a first aid box
- understand the duties of employers and the legal framework
- maintain simple factual records on what they have done with regard to any treatment or management of an emergency
- recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures.
They will also be able to deal with a casualty who:
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation & an AED
- is unconscious
- is bleeding or wounded
- is suffering from shock
- is suffering from an injury to bones, muscles or joints
- has been burned or scalded
- has an eye injury
- has been overcome by gas or fumes; or may have been poisoned or exposed to a harmful substance.
They will be able to:
- recognise major illnesses and take appropriate action
- recognise minor illnesses and take appropriate action
- manage the transportation of a casualty, as required by the circumstances of the workplace.
Refresh and update:
Initial Assessment of a Casualty
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR including use of an AED
Causes and management of unconsciousness (Secondary Survey)
Revision of bandaging skills and Knowledge
Skills practice of control of minor & Major bleeding
Fractures, recognition and treatment
Recognizing and treating:
Seizures, Diabetic emergencies, Heart conditions, asthma, Burns, poisoning & eye injuries.
Duties of a first Aider
HSE Regulations & contents of workplace first aid kit
Emergencies, what to do
Major incidents, how to deal with
Revision of underpinning knowledge & practical skills
FINAL PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
£895 for up to 12 students on your site
This course is for:
Existing First Aiders whose First Aid at Work certificate is due for renewal (currently 3 years). This course complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
A further 3 year Certificate of Competence (FAIB Approved) will be awarded on successful completion of the course and assessment.
Download:Download printable course details PDF (~150Kb)
"Tutor was excellent on all aspects and assessors made you feel relaxed and it was well worth attending"
- All courses comply with the HSE's recommendation of 12 students per course.
- First Aid at Work courses (4&2) also include a full colour manual per student.
- All courses can accommodate larger numbers of students if required. Please contact us for details
- Our courses all use student centred methods such as skill demonstrations & practice, groupwork, question & answer sessions & case studies. We augment the above strategies with tutorials & demonstrations to give a well balanced interactive learning experience for all students.
- Formative Assessment will be ongoing throughout the course by the trainer. On our FAW courses there is a final assessment on the last day conducted by independent assessors.