Emergency First Aid at Work+AED - FAIB Approved
First Aid equipment including AEDs and first aid trained personnel at the workplace are requirements of Health & Safety law. In emergencies, Emergency First Aiders can act to prevent situations becoming major issues and can limit potential sick leave through prompt action.
Book course now or make an enquiry
To provide Emergency First Aiders with the knowledge & skills to summon help & give safe, prompt & effective emergency first aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness using materials to hand and/or HSE approved first aid equipment including an AED.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
Identification of learning needs.
The role of the Appointed person
Emergency Aid (what is it?)
Primary Survey of a casualty
CPR including use of an AED
Examination of an unconscious casualty
Recognition & Treatment of Minor and Major bleeding
Recognition & Treatment of Medical Shock
Duties of an Appointed person
Contents & use of a workplace First Aid kit
Open plenary session to include subjects identified by students
from £445 for up to 12 students on your site
This course is for:
Employees who have been nominated as Emergency First Aiders for their workplace. If your risk assessment has shown that First Aiders are not necessary, then this course will provide the skills and knowledge required for Emergency First Aiders to render necessary First Aid in an emergency situation including use of an AED. The course is also suitable for those who wish to gain knowledge of emergency procedures & a FOFATO approved qualification in First Aid.
A 3 year Certificate of Competence (FAIB approved) will be awarded on successful completion of the course and assessment.
Download:Download printable course details PDF (~150Kb)
"Informative, good fun and put in a way I could understand tutor was excellent (I have never had fun on a course before!!)" "I thought the emergency First Aid training on Friday was excellent. The trainer was likeable and organised the pace of the training well so that we absorbed the messages properly, the content was relevant, the materials were good and I came away feeling as if I would know what to do in an emergency."
- All courses comply with the HSE's recommendation of 12 students per course.
- First Aid at Work courses (4&2) also include a full colour manual per student.
- All courses can accommodate larger numbers of students if required. Please contact us for details
- Our courses all use student centred methods such as skill demonstrations & practice, groupwork, question & answer sessions & case studies. We augment the above strategies with tutorials & demonstrations to give a well balanced interactive learning experience for all students.
- Formative Assessment will be ongoing throughout the course by the trainer. On our FAW courses there is a final assessment on the last day conducted by independent assessors.