Sports Emergency First Aid +AED
|This course is designed for teachers and coaches of sport, fitness instructors and sporting participants who wish to gain knowledge of emergency procedures & also want to gain the Emergency First Aid at Work certificate as recognised by the HSE.|
Book course now or make an enquiry
|To enable candidates to summon help & give adequate and efficient Emergency Aid to a casualty injured during sporting activities using material to hand, an AED and HSE approved first aid equipment|
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Examine an unconscious casualty and perform the recovery position
- Perform Recovery Position and CPR on adults including the use of an AED
- Demonstrate choking procedures on Adults
- Assess and treat fractures & dislocations
- Assess and treat soft tissue injuries (sprains & strains)
- Recognise and deal with head injuries (concussion & compression.)
- Know the contents of a sports first aid box
- Assess and treat an asthma attack, a diabetic emergency, Seizures and Heart Attack
Introduction, registration welcome & domestics
- The task of the First Aider and priorities of First Aid practice
- What is first aid? What to do at the scene of an emergency
- Assessment of a casualty
- Recovery position
- Artificial Ventilation and CPR techniques including use of an AED
- Examination of an unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of fractures & dislocations
- Assessment and treatment of soft tissue injuries (sprains & strains)
- Recognising and dealing with head injuries (concussion & compression.)
- Communication, Contents of a sports first aid box
- Assessment and treatment of an asthma attack, diabetic emergency, seizures and Heart Attack
from Â£495 for up to 12 students on your site
This course is for:
This course is designed for teachers and coaches of sport, fitness instructors and sporting participants who wish to gain knowledge of emergency procedures including AED use & also want to gain the Emergency First Aid at Work certificate as recognised by the HSE
A 3 year HSE recognised Certificate of Competence will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Download:Download printable course details PDF (~150Kb)
- All courses comply with the HSE's recommendation of 12 students per course.
- First Aid at Work courses (4&2) also include a full colour manual per student.
- All courses can accommodate larger numbers of students if required. Please contact us for details
- Our courses all use student centred methods such as skill demonstrations & practice, groupwork, question & answer sessions & case studies. We augment the above strategies with tutorials & demonstrations to give a well balanced interactive learning experience for all students.
- Formative Assessment will be ongoing throughout the course by the trainer. On our FAW courses there is a final assessment on the last day conducted by independent assessors.